Monday, July 03, 2006

Putting is Good..

I played my typical 9 holes last Saturday and played pretty good. I shot a 5 over for the back which I'd say is pretty good for me. I knew I was going to have a decent round when I chipped in for birdie on the first hole..which I've never done there. One thing that might've been "cheating", if it is, is that I played from the white tees. This wasn't by choice but rather the group that I played with were playing from them. I could've played from the blue tees but didn't want to seem pretentious..lol

But this leads to another question. Am I supposed to play from the white tees or blue tees? I have to honestly say that my driving was really bad that day but I really made it up with my short game so it was hard to say whether it was the shorter distance or that I just able to pull off more up and downs. I was putting really good with the Red X. I really love the weighting of it and have noticed I have less putts left short.

I'm still getting used to the 905T and noticed that the Aldila NV(S) shaft plays a tad softer than the ProLaunch(R) shaft. It seems that for my swing the NV(S) is suited for me. I'm playing tomorrow morning again..have a Happy 4th of July everyone.

No comments: