Monday, April 24, 2006

My New Toys..


Well, with a little help from a good friend, I was fortunate to get my hands on one of the newest golf gadgets. It's the Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 w/slope Laser Rangefinder. I was testing it out around the house and it's pretty awesome. I was debating whether to plunk down the money to get this but I got a deal that I couldn't resist.

Besides taking accurate measurements from point A to point B (tee box to flag stick) it can take "real-time" roving yardages at various objects you point at as well as give you the yardages based on the slope between you and the target..how cool is that. For example, if you're looking at a 150 yd. shot but the green is elevated the rangefinder will compensate for this and give you a distance with this taken into effect.

I guess this particular one, with the slope feature, is "illegal" to use in tournaments but I'm not a regular tournament player anyhow and the slope feature is just too cool.

The other toy I got was a Scotty Cameron Red X. I saw, once again, a deal to good to pass up on the "SwapShop" at 4gea.com. Do I need ANOTHER putter..no..but it was purely an offer I couldn't resist. Hopefully I'll get it before this weekend for me to try both out this weekend.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I played one day with a guy who had the Bushnell Sports 450 laser range finder and I instantly wanted one. Luckily since I'm slow to pull the trigger on these types of purchases, I have since decided I don't need one... yet!

I think there enough range markers on most courses (though I sometimes have to spend a few moments looking for them) to give me the information I need.

One place I could really use one is at the range. Here in Texas we hit off the grass at the range but they keep moving the line that marks the area where you hit from. This makes the range to the targets different from what's posted nearly every time I go to the range.

-Greg

Andrew said...

Yeah, one of the reasons I dived in was also to see how far I really hit it when I play. I'll be given a better review after I play this weekend.