Monday, August 07, 2006

Been busy..

I know I haven't posted in a while. We just celebrated our daughters 1st birthday and just didn't have time to put anything up golf worthy. I got to play last week at the Montebello Country Club. A nice course, for a muni, with a healthy dose of fairway bunkers. The course has numerous doglegs (lefts) which didn't set up to my drives. I either went fairly straight running past the dogleg into the trees or a bad cut that REALLY didn't help. The greens, I thought, were in very peculiar condition though. It seemed they were just damp the whole day and felt like you were putting a a damp sponge. I really hated the way the ball rolled. You really had to give it a good tap and thus it was hard to manage my distance/speed control.

I've also been "collecting" various Scotty Cameron putters lately. It's been truly an addiction, to say the least, and I can see why people collect baseball cards or comic books. I've bought and sold 5 Camerons already and will be in possession of 5 more. It's going to be harder to decide whether I want to sell these or keep them this time since they're a little more rare than the first batch. I get most of my information and knowledge in the world of Scotty Cameron at The Cameron Collector.

I have a Coronado Classic in a rustic raw state, but oiled, which I think looks flat out beautiful..and I know I'm going to keep for awhile. I just got a Laguna TeI3 which is also a beauty. Then I have a couple of Pro Platinum's in the Laguna 2 and 2.5. I then got a Newport Mil-Spec which is fairly rare.

I've been forgetting to take the digital camera out to the course to shoot some pictures with it but will DEFINITELY take it out this weekend.

No comments: