Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back to basics..

Well, I'm finally going to make my way out again and start playing more golf. I haven't played since the end of May and before that my desire was very lack luster, at best, and in decline. I know something was up when I would think about playing and then think about all the reasons NOT to play..eventually the reasons not to play always won over. Lately, however, I've been thinking of the reasons I loved playing like the smell of the early morning grass, the feel of a good chip, the feedback from a well hit iron, the early morning golf ball tracks on the green. As insignificant as each one of these are, all of them together really make the experience wonderfully bliss.

I've decided to also really streamline my bag and start walking the course again. I put the Sun Mountain Speedcart and cart bag in the garage and sold the GPS unit. I've also taken all the even numbered irons out of the bag and only going to carry the bare essentials. I'm going to start becoming a student of the game..again. True, I've been playing off and on for over two decades now and know what it takes to hit the ball, but now is the time to work on my mental approach to the game and working the essentials to becoming a better golfer.

No comments: